28 Feb 4 Beautiful and Hardworking Flooring Options for Your Home
You are making a great decision! Today’s flooring options are numerous, with a nearly endless variety of colors and patterns. Besides being beautiful and functional, new floors add tremendous value to your home.
Here’s a quick look at some of the most popular flooring options.
Hardwood—Hardwood floors come in a wide variety of styles. They are durable, easy to clean and maintain, and give your home timeless beauty. Since each piece of wood has a unique grain, no two hardwood floors are identical.
- A transparent, protective wear layer is highly resistant to dogs, cats, chairs, and even high heels.
- The decorative layer provides a high definition, highly detailed image, simulating everything from hardwood to marble to stone.
- A high-density fiberboard core offers impact resistance, stability, and long-lasting durability.
- A layer comprised of melamine resin offers additional structural stability and moisture resistance.
- Underlayment is a requirement for any installation, absorbing minor imperfections in the sub-floor, reducing some noise when walking on the floor, and softening some of the impact. Some underlayments also offer a moisture barrier on one side, which is a good idea for bathroom and wet area installations.