Few projects can change the look and feel of a room like new flooring. And few companies can offer the installation experience and expertise Carolina Carpet One can.
As you prepare for your flooring installation, please review the items on this checklist. While not every item will be applicable to your project, taking steps to ensure a smooth installation process starts before our installers do.
Before installation day, be sure that:
- The installation site is completely enclosed, with outside windows, doors and thresholds in place
- All wet processes (like drywall or plaster) are finished well before installation
- Air conditioning, heating and ventilation systems are operational
- Electricity and water are directly available in the work area
- Any materials that you’re providing for installation have been handled according to the manufactures specifications including acclimation. We recommend that you complete painting or staining at least 24 hours prior to installation of any materials provided so the finish is completely dry before installation begins.
For areas directly affected by the installation:
- Cover the installation area’s entryways and vents to contain dust and debris
- Create a clear path through your home for easy access to the installation area and removal of debris
- Cover furniture and floors along this path and in areas adjacent to the installation
- Remove all items from cabinets, entertainment centers, bookcases, closets and similar containers
- Move all breakables, such as lamps, vases, mirrors, wall hangings, antiques or other valuables, from areas affected by installation work
- Disconnect and remove all electronic equipment, including televisions, stereos and computers
- Remove all electrical wires running under carpet or along baseboards and door casings
- Move furniture out of the room receiving the new floor.
- toilets, sinks and appliances have been removed and you have made arrangements to have them reset
*If you prefer, Carolina Carpet One can provide these items at an additional charge. If Carolina Carpet One is providing one of these services it will only be agreed if in writing on your contract. Contact your sales associate for details
Carolina Carpet one will obtain all necessary permits and licenses before installation begins.
On installation day, our licensed, insured installers will be on time, courteous and efficient. They’ll have the equipment they need, and they’ll be ready to install your new flooring. You won’t need to provide any special tools or materials. Just meet these simple requirements:
- Make certain to have an adult (over age 18) with the authority to make installation decisions on hand during the installation process or available by phone
- Keep the temperature in the installation area between 60° and 80° Fahrenheit
- Keep children and pets away from the installation area
- Provide Access to 220 power that can be obtained normally in the laundry room or by hard wiring into a breaker box
That’s it! We’ll take care of the rest.
When the installation process is complete, our installation team will:
- Vacuum and clean the installation site (this does not include adjacent areas)
- Remove all installation-related debris
- Conduct a final inspection of your new flooring and the installation site
- Warranty and Care information can be obtained at the manufactures website and is your sole responsibilty
In the days following your installation, you may receive a survey call or email Carolina Carpet One. It is an opportunity to rate your installation experience with us. Our goal is to provide you exceptional service.
Last Updated January 4, 2015